Contractors and Suppliers
NAU requirements for contractors and suppliers
The health and safety of everyone on NAU campuses are of utmost importance. NAU will maintain campus development and operations while following the guidelines and restrictions issued by federal and local authorities.
NAU expects its contractors and suppliers, and all of their subcontractors and employees, who visit or work at an NAU campus or facility to make health and safety a priority and reduce COVID-19 risks.
NAU requires all contractors and suppliers, and their subcontractors, to conduct a daily employee health assessment for COVID-19 before any employee works on or visits any NAU property. The daily health assessment should, at a minimum, answer these questions:
- Do you feel sick?
- Do you have a fever?
- Have you been around someone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine by a health professional?
- If you answer yes to any of these questions, you must not work or visit an NAU campus. Contact your healthcare provider of symptoms if you believe they are related to COVID-19.
In addition, contractors and suppliers are expected to comply with the following:
- Adopt effective protocols that follow updated guidance by local authorities, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration.
- Educate employees on how to reduce COVID-19 risks, such as not touching their faces, frequent hand washing, applying hand sanitizer, and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Establish markings and barriers where applicable to promote physical distancing.
- Follow all restrictions and guidelines for international, intrastate, regional and local travel. Refer to CDC State and Territorial Health Department Websites and Travelers Prohibited from Entry to the U.S. for more information.
- Maintain a clean workspace at any NAU campus or facility, including the disinfection of equipment, tools, common areas and bathrooms.
- Contact NAU Facility Services-Work Control Center at 523-4227 with locations where an employee suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has visited. Do not provide personal information including the individual’s name.
- Practice good hygiene habits: frequent hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes.
- Practice physical distancing, maintaining 6 feet from others to the greatest extent possible. Refer to CDC guidance.
- Provide and require everyone to wear face coverings at all times while working at any NAU campus or facility. Everyone is required to wear a face covering while in NAU buildings. Face coverings will also be required at outdoor community spaces where physical is not possible.
- Require all employees who become ill or experience COVID-19 symptoms to leave NAU immediately, contact their supervisor, and seek medical attention.
- Require all employees suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 or care for a family member with COVID-19 to self-isolate until cleared by medical authorities.
NAU reserves the right to request written documentation to validate compliance with NAU policies, including the requirements above.