ASNAU Outstanding Student Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The Outstanding Student Scholarship was originally founded by a former Dean of Students and ASNAU advisor, Rick Brandell. It was established to benefit those NAU students who give of themselves to their fellow students. The Associated Students of Northern Arizona University (ASNAU) established this scholarship to recognize those unselfish students and to help relieve the financial burden these students face.
Every Spring, ASNAU will award the scholarships for the coming Fall semester (except if a recipient requests the funds to go to summer school at NAU). At this time, ASNAU will contact the NAU Foundation by letter requesting that a specific amount of money be sent to NAU Financial Aid Department in the name(s) of the scholarship recipient(s).
Each Spring 2 students who have demonstrated stellar involvement within the community will be awarded a $700 scholarship. This award recognizes the hard work and dedication that each student has shown through their involvement in organizations both on and off campus.
The scholarship shall be open to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, citizenship, or other legally or policy protected status.
All students at Northern Arizona University (NAU) are eligible for ASNAU Outstanding Student Scholarship, except for those students who do not meet the
1) they must have completed a minimum of fifteen (15) hours at NAU
2) they must be currently enrolled in twelve (12) hours undergraduate, or seven (7) hours graduate work at NAU
3) the scholarships must be used by the students to whom they are awarded in the next semester of school
4) anyone who has received an ASNAU Scholarship is not eligible to receive another ASNAU Scholarship for two (2) years
5) they must have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.0
6) current members of the ASNAU Executive Council are not eligible to receive the scholarship
Applications must be submitted by February 28th, 2023
Complete the application at the link below by February 28th to be considered for the scholarship: