How do I start?
Air Force ROTC Cadets must demonstrate good moral character and maintain certain academic, physical fitness, and decorum standards. Cadets must meet these minimum requirements to join and remain in the AFROTC program:
- Maintain a 2.0+ Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Pass all Aerospace Studies Courses
- Maintain full-time student status (greater than or equal to 12 credit hours)
- Meet minimum and not exceed maximum height and weight standards
- Pass a physical fitness assessment each semester consisting of a 1.5 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups, and an abdominal circumference measurement
- Meet Department of Defense Medical Examination Review (DODMERB) medical exam (conducted during your sophomore year or before receipt of a scholarship)
Most cadets complete four years in the ROTC program, but students may register in a sophomore status and participate in a three year program if they have already completed some college at the time they join. Prior enlisted students may inquire about completing a two-year program.
Current and accepted Northern Arizona University and Coconino Community College students must enroll into three NAU Aerospace Studies courses. The three classes required for incoming freshman for the Fall semester are: AS 101, AS 101L, and AS 251.
Incoming freshmen will need to advise their academic advisor of their interest in the Air Force ROTC program. Your advisor may register you for the ROTC classes, or you may contact the administrative associate at the detachment, at the phone number below, who will assist you in registering your three AFROTC classes.
Upon registration, future cadets must complete the required application found on the Forms page. This application will also be emailed to you upon registration.