Students interested in Virtual Reality and Esports are invited to participate in one-year internships with the AML. Students of any major may apply, but should ideally have experience and interest in media, gaming, animation, 3D modeling, and programming. The students who most commonly participate as lab interns are studying visual communication, computer science, or mechanical engineering.
Intern with us
AML interns working in the lab have the unique opportunity to explore advanced media for education and research while working as part of interdisciplinary teams made up of senior researchers, undergraduate and graduate students, and faculty members. The Advanced Media Lab opens new worlds for creative and scholarly research for those who wish to participate.
By working with the lab you will:
- Gain professional internship experience
- Work with university researchers and contribute to innovative scholarly research
- Earn credit towards your degree. 3 credits per semester are offered for completion of the one-year internship
- Explore a new technology field that is poised to transform the technology and communication field
Who can participate:
- Undergraduate students with skills in any of these areas: 3D modeling, gaming engines, sound design and programming
- Graduate students interested in special projects may apply to do independent projects