All members of the university community share the responsibility of adhering to, enforcing and educating others about the tobacco-free policy.
How to Approach Someone About the Policy
If you feel comfortable, using the following acronym will help you kindly remind others of the tobacco-free policy:
- Smile and introduce yourself
- Make the assumption the person is not aware of the policy
- Offer cessation resources
- Kindly enforce the policy by asking them not to use tobacco on campus
- Express thanks for following the policy
Failure to comply with this policy may result in disciplinary action through the student code of conduct for students or personnel policies for staff and faculty.