Procedures, Forms, and Deadlines
Students with US Visas Accordion Closed
Students with US Visas may be eligible to be reclassified if your Visa is listed in GREEN on this document.
If you hold a Visa not highlighted in GREEN you are not eligible to petition for a change in residency. Our office will not accept your submission if you hold an in-eligible Visa. Refer to University “Residency for Tuition Purposes” Policy I-13 and ABOR Policy 4-203 (D).
If you have a pending Permanent Resident application, meaning you have submitted an I-485 and have received back an I-797 from USCIS, contact the office for more information. You may be eligible for reclassification even if your Visa is not eligible.
Important Submission Information
- Failure to submit by the deadline waives your right to petition for that term. Late submissions cannot be accepted and there is no option to appeal.
- Personal circumstances, such as academic merit or financial hardship, are not considered during petition review.
- Additional documentation may be required after the initial review.
- The phrase “resident for tuition purposes” is separate from definitions of Arizona residency established by other state agencies. Being a resident for licensing, voting, or tax purposes does not mean an individual is automatically a resident for tuition purposes.
- Processing time is up to twenty (20) business days.
- There are no extensions of payment due dates when your petition is awaiting review. Charges are due as they appear and late fees still apply. Refunds are issued, if necessary, upon reclassification approval.
- Students must have course enrollment in the term they are seeking reclassification. Your submission cannot be reviewed if you do not have course enrollment.
- Students with NO 16-week courses, please contact our office before submitting.
Fall 2023 Accordion Closed
Last day to submit change of residency status forms: Friday, September 8, 2023.
Last day to submit residency reclassification appeal (if residency petition was denied): Friday, October 27, 2023.
Spring 2024 Accordion Closed
Last day to submit change of residency status forms: Friday, January 26, 2024 (16 week terms)
Last day to submit residency reclassification appeal (if residency petition was denied): Friday, February 23, 2024.
All submissions must be either mailed or submitted in-person at our office. Emailed submissions will not be accepted.