About #NAU SocialWe are the team responsible for content creation and digital storytelling on the university’s official social media channels. NAU Social also collaborates with the campus community to share events, programs and news through social media and also provides social media training. https://youtu.be/Fl_plzUyTEA Join the #NAU conversation in the socialsphere. Looking to collaborate and get the word out? We can help you craft a story or help facilitate promotion on our channels. Looking to feature a program or student? We run student takeovers every week. Looking to refine your strategy and review best practices? Email us for a social media consultation and we’ll help you stay on top of your game. Sign up to receive our monthly social newsletter, featuring tips, insider information and trends.
- Supporting NAU’s strategic objectives through our messaging
- Supporting university recruitment efforts.
- Cultivating and sharing Lumberjack pride in and among students, faculty, staff and alumni
- Engaging parents with the university.
- Helping alumni feel connected to their alma mater.
- Accelerating the sense of belonging for all students.
- Sharing accurate university information in real-time
- Spotlighting our Lumberjacks—students, faculty and staff
How We Reach Our Goals
- We participate. We engage with fans through status updates, comments and tweets. We are careful not to spam our audiences and to use metrics to guide our practices.
- We use social media to create advocates for NAU by being active on the platforms we manage and creating new content to engage our audiences.
- We respond. When our audience interacts with our message or sends us messages through social media channels, we are prepared to help. We answer questions in real-time to respond to tweets and re-tweet relevant info as it comes in.
- We keep up with technology. As social networks gain momentum, we investigate the potential ROI of the channel and determine whether it is worthy of an investment of our time.