Peer Jacks mentoring
Making connections and building community at NAU
Exclusively for all first-year students attending Northern Arizona University, the Peer Jacks peer mentoring program helps freshmen successfully transition to university and Flagstaff life.
Peer Jacks offers 1-on-1 peer mentoring to first-year students and exposure to NAU resources.
The program provides a peer network to assist in the transition to college. Peer Jacks also hosts educational and social opportunities that support a path to academic success. Through developing self-direction and promoting learning beyond the classroom, we empower students to achieve autonomy while completing their degree.
Participants develop the following benefits of mentoring: Accordion Closed
- A sense of belonging at Northern Arizona University
- Knowledge & awareness of campus resources & processes
- An ability to identify and align values and goals for their first year
- Purposeful academic habits by participating in educational activities
Our program offers: Accordion Closed
- 60+ peer mentors who have completed 30 hours of nationally accredited training
- Mentor matching based on similar majors, common interests, and/or home states
- One-on-one meetings with peer mentors throughout first academic year
- Access to monthly off-campus adventures and excursions:
- Grand Canyon
- Lava Tubes
- Sedona/Oak Creek
- and more
Sounds awesome! How do I sign up? Accordion Closed
- Visit the Peer Jacks office in the Academic Success Center (ASC) on the Second Floor of the University Union Fieldhouse (bldg 30). We are in the back of the ASC in room 252.
- Call our office today and schedule a time to meet our mentors!
- Tell us about yourself and request a mentor!