Apply for Program
Nizhoni Academy Application Process
Applications for the In-person 2023 Nizhoni Summer Academy are no longer being accepted. Please check back in November 2023 for 2024 Nizhoni Academy Summer applications.
Requirements for Application:
- Minimum Eligibility: High school students who are in the 9th & 10th grades during the current school year, have a minimum 2.5 GPA (A=4.0), have competed Algebra 1, enrolled in a Native American Tribe, and demonstrate a need for a pre-college summer program.
- Complete the Nizhoni Academy application includes the following required documents:
- $150.00 Application fee (Cashiers check/Money Order ONLY), made out to Northern Arizona University, cash, credit cards or personal checks WILL NOT be accepted.
- Official high school transcript (signed and/or stamped by registrar)
- Copy of Tribal Membership Verification (TMV/CIB) document (federally recognized tribe/nation)
- Two Recommendation Forms (attached): One (1) must be from a Math or Science Teacher.
- Admission Essay should address the following in a minimum 750 words, double spaced, 1 inch margins and 12 point Times New Roman font format. **Topics are listed on application**
- Application packet must be received in our office before February 2023, 5:00 pm PST
- After you have gathered ALL documents, EMAIL or MAIL the complete application packet (application, official transcript, essay, 2 recommendation forms, and TMV/CIB) to:
Nizhoni College Preparatory Academy – Summer 2024
Northern Arizona University
PO Box 5907
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5907
- Nizhoni Academy participation is not a first-come, first-serve basis
- Only complete applications will be reviewed
- Previous years applications are non-acceptable, please email the program for a current application
- A limited number of students will be accepted
- Acceptance is based upon application content and matrix score