LGBTQIA Commission goals
New goals for the LGBTQIA Commission are being determined.
Prior goals of the commission have included:
- Create an inclusive admissions application with gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Create an inclusive classroom environment by including student pronouns and preferred names in the attendance roster.
- Professors will include this resource in their syllabi.
- Professors will be provided best practices on how to discuss pronoun usage in class, provide a safe and comfortable environment for LGBT+ students, and encourages professors to normalize pronoun usage in daily communications.
- Continue to pursue the creation and maintenance of gender neutral bathrooms across campus.
- Create an advertisement of gender neutral bathroom locations to raise awareness and knowledge.
- Working with Equity & Access to accurately map all gender vs ‘family’ and ‘unisex’ bathrooms.
- Ensure students, staff, and faculty are aware of the resources available to them concerning health promotion and inclusive bathrooms.
- Continue building scholarship fund to endowment goal of $25,000.
- Create a safe and inclusive environment at Rainbow Convocation where attendees can receive their rainbow stole with their graduation regalia.
- Advocate for tenure track positions within Women and Gender Studies.
- This will be accomplished via communicating requests to the dean of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Alumni Resources: advocate for the creation and maintenance of an LGBT+ specific alumni group.