Dreamer/DACA Scholarships and Resources
Arizona DACA Scholarships
- Chicanos Por La Causa This program provides financial assistance and ongoing support services to outstanding Latino students attending Arizona colleges and universities. The program is especially dedicated to those students with limited access to financial resources, such as DREAMers who qualify for DACA status.
- Pepsico Cesar Chavez Latino Scholarship Fund with Pepsico, awards scholarships to students of Latino descent who are beginning or continuing their studies at higher education institutions in Arizona and California, regardless of immigration status or national origin.
- The Isaac Amaya Foundation These are Arizona- based scholarships awarded to undergraduate and graduate students attending community colleges and universities across Arizona. These scholarships are in partnership with the Cesar Chavez Foundation regardless of citizenship status.
- Scholarship America This is a scholarship search engine for high school and current college students that matches individual profiles to scholarships.
National DACA Scholarships
- Chicano Organizing and Research in Education This scholarship program is open to students in all states — who are undocumented and are enrolling for the first time in an accredited college or university in the United States or Puerto Rico. Applicants cannot be current college students.
- College Board The College Board Opportunity Scholarships are currently open to all students regardless of citizenship status. It does not require an essay, application, or minimum GPA, but instead rewards effort and initiative as students complete key steps along their path to college.
- Dream.US This is a national scholarship program for high school and community college graduates with significant, unmet needs. While GPA and test scores are considered, special emphasis is placed on demonstrated commitment to community service and the ability to overcome barriers and challenges faced by DREAMers.
- DREAMers Roadmap A mobile app designed to help DREAMers find and track available scholarship opportunities across the nation.
- Golden Door Scholars This scholarship program partners with specific 4-year institutions and is for undocumented students.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund The Hispanic Scholarship Fund assists students of Hispanic heritage to obtain a university degree, including community college students transferring to 4-year universities. DACA participants are encouraged to apply.
- Immigrants Rising We empower undocumented young people to achieve educational and career goals through personal, institutional and policy transformation.
- Mexican American Legal Defense Fund (MALDEF) provides a Scholarship Resource Guide — a free, informative resource for students, parents, and educators with an extensive list of scholarships, including many that don’t inquire about immigration status.
- Scholarship America Scholarship America’s Dream Award is a renewable scholarship, and its award amount grows each year to ensure that students can afford to complete their degrees. Applicants must be enrolled full time at the sophomore level or higher at an accredited college, university, or vocational- technical school. The award is renewable each year, for up to three years or until graduation, whichever comes first, and is contingent upon satisfactory performance.
- UNIGO This scholarship is for students who have completed one or more years at a postsecondary institution and who demonstrate a recent history of movement for their path to college.