Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Accordion Closed
- Designed to protect the privacy of student education records.
- When in doubt, don’t give it out!
- More FERPA Information
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Accordion Closed
- Provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information
- More HIPAA Information
Arizona Board of Regents’ Policies Accordion Closed
NAU Policies Accordion Closed
Freedom of Information Act and Public Records Requests Accordion Closed
If you receive a data request that cites the Freedom of Information Act, or if it seems like it might be a Public Records Request:
- Forward the request/requester to the Office of Communication and Media Relations NAUComm@nau.edu
- We are generally not required to generate “new” reports for these requests.
- Context is often important for these types of requests.
- More about the Freedom of Information Act and Public Records Requests
NAU Data Sources and Systems Accordion Closed
- Enterprise Analytics and Reporting Solutions (EAR) provides institutional information via BusinessObjects.
- Institutional Research & Analysis (IRA) and the Budget Office provide a variety of reports on their websites.
Records Retention Accordion Closed
- Everyone’s responsibility!
- Record retention and disposition schedules can be found on the Cline Library and the Arizona State Library, Archives, and Public Records website
- Records of permanent and historical value are preserved in Special Collections and Archives
- More about records retention