Senior Corps @ NAUThe Senior Corps @ NAU program offers the opportunity for adults 55 and older to serve in their community in a variety of capacities. Some of our volunteers serve in schools with high-needs students, while others serve in the homes of home bound adults that need support maintaining their independent lifestyle. Senior Corps programs partner with non-profit community organizations to meet an array of needs. Some of our programs offer a stipend to qualifying lower-income older adult, as well as compensation for mileage and training. Whatever the volunteer's interest, we have a program to match!
What Benefits Might You Be Eligible For?As a Senior Corps volunteer you could receive:
- 10 to 35 hour a week service opportunities
- A modest, tax-free stipend
- Accident and liability insurance while on duty
- Personal and holiday leave
- Reimbursement for volunteer mileage