Want us to Call You?
Forms & Information
Title VI Information
Senior Companion Program
The Senior Companion Program (SCP) is a service initiative for people age 55 or older to provide assistance and friendship to elderly, homebound individuals. Senior Companions provide the services that the elderly need to live independently, including:
- taking care of simple chores
- providing transportation to medical and other appointments and outings
- offering contact to the outside world
Making Independence a Reality
Nearly 90 percent of clients said their Senior Companions help them remain living in their own homes and they are more satisfied with their lives as a result.
What Are The Benefits?
In addition to the opportunity to make a difference, our Senior Companions receive:
- a tax-free stipend of $2.65 per hour and mileage reimbursements
- supplemental insurance coverage while volunteering
- 20 hours of pre-service orientation and 2 hours of monthly in-service training
- personal and holiday leave
Where Can You Volunteer?
The Senior Companion Program is available in the following locations:
- Coconino County
- Maricopa County
- Mohave County
- Navajo County
- Yavapai County
- Prescott/Prescott Valley/ Chino Valley
- Verde Valley
If you’re interested in volunteering for the program in a county not listed here, please contact our office at 1-866-856-3017.
SCP Eligibility Requirements
All Senior Companion volunteers are required to:
- be 55 years of age or older
- meet income guidelines as established by the federal government
- serve 15 to 35 hours weekly
- pass a fingerprint-based background check
What Are Your Next Steps?
Interested in volunteering with our Senior Companion Program? Please contact us here so we can reach out to you to and assist you in becoming a Senior Companion!