Want us to Call You?
Forms & Information
Foster Grandparent Program
As a Foster Grandparent, you will use your life experiences and wisdom to help change the future for a child. Our Foster Grandparents act as mentors and tutors for children in local schools who will benefit from extra attention and assistance.
Our Foster Grandparents get an A+
Students get a huge boost from their Foster Grandmas and Grandpas, showing:
- 92% improvement in academic performance
- 100% improvement in social development skills
What Are The Benefits?
In addition to the opportunity to make a difference, Foster Grandparent volunteers receive:
- a tax-free stipend of $2.65 per hour and mileage reimbursements
- supplemental insurance coverage while volunteering
- 20 hours of pre-service orientation and 2 hours of monthly in-service training
- personal and holiday leave
Where Can You Volunteer?
The Foster Grandparent Program is available in the following locations:
- Coconino County
- Maricopa County
- Mohave County
- Pima County
- Yavapai County
- Prescott/Prescott Valley/Chino Valley
- Verde Valley
- Yuma County
If you’re interested in volunteering for the program in a county not listed here, please contact our office at 1-866-856-3017.
FGP Eligibility Requirements
All Foster Grandparent volunteers are required to:
- be 55 years of age or older
- meet income guidelines as established by the federal government
- serve 10 to 35 hours weekly
- pass a fingerprint-based background check
What Are Your Next Steps?
Before becoming a Foster Grandparent volunteer, please contact us so we can reach out to you and assist you in becoming a Foster Grandparent!