Environmental Literacy Corps AmeriCorps
Environmental Literacy Corps (ELC) members will serve with local agencies and organizations to promote environmental literacy in northern Arizona and beyond. With six distinct biomes, three National Parks, and six National Forests, Arizona is an ideal classroom for environmental education. ELC members will work with host sites such as the National Park Service, US Forest Service, City of Flagstaff, Flagstaff Unified School District, and NAU departments and academic units to deliver environmental education programming to visitors, recreators, students, and the general public. Environmental education has been shown to have a breadth of positive impacts, ranging from improved passion and interest in learning to growth in confidence, autonomy, and leadership.
What Are The Benefits?
As an ELC AmeriCorps member you will receive:
- A 3-12 month opportunity to serve with us, full or part time
- A bi-weekly living stipend
- A Segal Education Award upon completion of your service term
- Optional health coverage & childcare assistance (for Full-time positions)
Where Can You Volunteer?
We are currently recruiting service members based in northern Arizona:
- Coconino County
- Yavapai County
If your organization is interested in hosting AmeriCorps members or becoming a partner site contact: Ramsay.Shannon@nau.edu or 928-523-1571.
Eligibility for Service
All ELC AmeriCorps volunteers are required to:
- Be 17 years or older (no upper age limit)
- Hold one of the following citizenship statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent, Resident Alien
- Pass a fingerprint-based background check
What Are Your Next Steps?
If you’d like to join our Environmental Literacy Corps AmeriCorps team please contact us to work with one of our program coordinators to discuss the program further!