Want us to Call You?
ARCC AmeriCorps Spotlight
Arizona Ready for College & Career AmeriCorps
The Arizona Ready for College and Career (ARCC) AmeriCorps Program is a statewide project providing direct service to youth and families. The focus of ARCC is to increase the on-time high school graduation, post-secondary enrollment, and career exploration options across Arizona. Members assist with FAFSA completion, scholarship searches, college applications, test preparation, and more.
ARCC Members Help Make College and Careers a Reality
By 2020 in Arizona, 7 out of 10 jobs will require some type of higher education. During ARCC’s second program year, members helped students prepare for their futures by serving over 18,000 students; more than 12,000 high school seniors and more than 5,000 with FAFSA completion.
What Are The Benefits?
As an ARCC AmeriCorps member you will receive:
- A 3-12 month opportunity to serve with us, full or part time
- A bi-weekly living stipend
- A Segal Education Award upon completion of your service term
- Student Loan Forbearance & interest repayment for qualifying federal student loans
- Optional health coverage & childcare assistance (for Full-time positions)
- Professional development funds
Where Can You Volunteer?
Arizona Ready for College and Career AmeriCorps members currently serve in the following counties:
- Cochise County
- Coconino County
- Gila County
- Maricopa County
- Mohave County
- Navajo County
- Pinal County
- Yavapai County
Applications for members with an interest in education, youth development and college access are accepted on a rolling basis. Members receive training on college access from The Arizona College Access Network (AzCAN) and Northern Arizona University (NAU).
ARCC is currently accepting applications for the 2019-2020 program year. Partner site applications are accepted on a rolling basis. ARCC offers a variety of positions types including: full time (1700 hours), reduced full time (1200 hours), half-time (900 hours) and quarter time (450 hours), to meet partner needs. Hosting an AmeriCorps member is a rewarding way to invest in the future workforce, expand your organization’s services and address community needs.
If you’re interested in serving in the program or hosting an AmeriCorps member in a county not listed here, please contact our office at 1-866-856-3017. The partner site application can be downloaded here.
Eligibility for Service
All AmeriCorps volunteers are required to:
- Be 17 years or older (no upper age limit)
- Hold one of the following citizenship statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent, Resident Alien
- Pass a fingerprint-based background check