What is the Campus Inclusion Team (CIT)?
At NAU, we are committed to creating and maintaining an environment free of discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and genetic information.
The Campus Inclusion Team (CIT) is committed to fostering a campus community that honors diversity, freedom of expression, and inclusiveness through individual support, campus trainings, and resource referrals. CIT does not investigate or adjudicate specific incidents of conduct or advise on disciplinary matters.
CIT welcomes open, courageous, and challenging discussions across the full spectrum of human issues and intersections in our campus communities. CIT encourages the exchange of ideas through academic inquiry, civil discourse, and respect for individuals. CIT recognizes the value of free speech and also that some speech may be hurtful and even disparaging. CIT can provide support for students, faculty, and staff impacted by such speech by listening, discussing, and connecting individuals with resources. University community members may report concerns related to diversity and inclusion to CIT; if a reported concern appears to involve a legal or policy violation, the CIT will refer the impacted individuals or communities to the appropriate resource.
How does the CIT work?
The Campus Inclusion Team will listen to concerns and help identify potential solutions. The team also collaborates with campus and community partners to provide training and support to elevate inclusion to the next level at NAU.
Our team will…
- Promote a diverse, inclusive campus community through support, resources and training
- Provide resources
- Encourage the exchange of ideas through academic inquiry and civil discourse
- Educate campus & community members about NAU’s diversity and inclusion efforts through trainings such as Inclusion Zone Training and Anti-Bias Training
- Refer individuals to the appropriate investigative office(s) if the reported concern involves a legal or policy violation or is otherwise outside of the CIT’s scope
Beyond our reach…
- Enact disciplinary action
- Adjudicate specific incidents of conduct
- Advise on disciplinary matters or impose discipline
- Conduct investigations beyond what is necessary to provide appropriate levels of support