Overview Accordion Open
Photos policy for new WordPress site requests
All photos used on NAU public-facing websites must be vetted by University Marketing (UM) to ensure they meet size and branding standards. In order to facilitate this, UM has an online photo repository called Libris where your department will have a gallery of photos. UM also provides many generic photos for you to use on your site.
The photo review process is a collaborative effort between the Site Steward, ITS, and UM.
How-To Accordion Closed
The Site Steward is responsible for conducting or overseeing the photo review and submitting photos to Marketing for processing. When a new WordPress site request is granted, ITS will copy the photos from your existing Ektron site to a folder on a file share where the review will take place. The purpose of the photo review is to ensure:
- photos meet branding standards and photo guidelines
- photos are of adequate resolution for uploading to WordPress
- photos are named properly
**Please note that the resolutions on Ektron photos will likely be not high enough for use on the WordPress website.** Some of the photos on your current site may be usable for WordPress, but in order to confirm it a review is necessary. UM asks that you submit only those photos you would like to use on your new WordPress site.
Turnaround time for Marketing to process your photos is typically 30 days.
- Connect to the Photos folder
- Delete all of the photos that you do not want to use on your new site.
- If you wish to keep an existing photo, it will be your responsibility to find and upload an original copy of the photo that is large enough for WordPress (minimum of 2400 pixels wide). Once you’ve uploaded the original, name it according to the guidelines and delete the old one. Exceptions: If you would like request an exception for the size requirement, email the photo to Marketing Web Support with your request.
- Once your review is complete and you have uploaded all the photos that you want for your website, send an email to Marketing Web Support to notify them that your photos are ready to be transferred into Libris.
- Marketing will review the photos to ensure they are brand compliant and will upload them to the Libris system.
- Marketing will notify you when their review is complete and provide instructions on how to access your photo gallery.