English 100 / English 405
It is never too early! Enroll in English 100 or English 405 for Fall 2021!
ENG100 / ENG405 is a 1-credit, P/F class that requires the completion of 12 appointments and 12 brief reflections.
Each English 100 and English 405 student is paired with a dedicated Writing Assistant at the University Writing Commons (UWC) to improve and to refresh their writing skills throughout the term.
Students are expected to bring writing prompts, drafts, and ideas for constructive feedback and guidance from the Writing Assistant. If you don’t have a draft, just bring in your assignment and plan on talking though an outline.
How to register for English 100 / English 405
- Log onto Louie.
- Click “Enroll” on the sidebar of your Student Center.
- Select the term you want to enroll in (For example, Fall 2021).
- Register for either section of ENG 100 (#1097 or 8737) through LOUIE and check that it appears on your class schedule.
How to sign up for your weekly writing appointment
- Schedule your weekly appointment time during the 1st week of the spring semester
- Call 928-523-7745 between 9AM-5PM, or send an email to schedule a time to call
- Please have the following information ready:
- A time/day of the week that works best in your schedule. Your meeting will be at the same time/day every week.
- Your name and corresponding NAU ID
Writing session appointments for Fall 2021 are available in two formats:
- Our in-person locations across campus
- Synchronously through WCONLINE, our online platform
Additional information about ENG100/ENG405
- ENG100 and ENG405 is a non-traditional courses, meaning there is no formal in-class instruction. Instead your “class time” is the 50 minute weekly appointments with your assigned Writing Assistant.
- Since the first week of the semester is dedicated to signing up ENG100 and ENG405 students with a Writing Assistant, weekly appointments begin the second week of the semester.
- Students may enroll in ENG100 and ENG405 up to three times over the course of their undergraduate degree.
- English 100 is not a prerequisite and is not required for English 105. If you are looking for required tutoring, please contact Megan.MoranWilson@nau.edu and ask about English 107.