Supporting academic growth and excellence
We are committed to providing high-quality educational opportunities of benefit to our students and to society.
Visit the Curriculum and Assessment website for curricular development resources.
Academic program reviews and accreditation reviews
Academic Strategic Plan
The universities are required to submit Academic Strategic Plans each year to the Arizona Board of Regents (see below for past reports). Throughout the year the institutions may request amendments to those plans and the Office of the Provost submits formal requests for the following academic changes:
- New programs/program name changes/merging or transferring of programs/deletion of high demand programs
- Creation/reorganization/elimination of units (colleges, schools, departments)
- Name change in title of degree programs or units
For additional information on new academic program proposals, please contact Laurie Dickson, Vice Provost for Teaching, Learning, Design and Assessment.
- 2018-2019 Addendums: 6.12.19, 4.11.19, 2.7.19
- 2016-2018 Addendums: 6.14.18, 4.6.18, 11.16.17, 9.27.17, 6.7.17, 11.17.16
- 2015-2016 Addendums: 9.21.16, 2.3.16, 11.19.15, 6.4.15, 4.9.15
- 2012-2013 Addendum: 9.13.12
Blended learning combines the best elements of face-to-face teaching (for example, oral communication) and online instruction (for example, thoughtful reflection, written communication, and exploration) in ways that improve student engagement and learning. See more details on NAU’s Digital Learning Initiatives and visit the e-Learning Center to learn about extensive support for faculty in finding and incorporating appropriate technologies in their courses.
- Cover page for center/institute proposals
- Format for center/institute proposals
- Policy on the Establishment and Management of Research Centers at NAU
University curriculum reviews
Learn more about curriculum and assessment and required forms
See what's happening with NAU's Blended Learning