Request an Officer
Northern Arizona University Police Officer Requests
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please read before completing the officer request form**
- All NAU Police Department request forms must be submitted at least ten (10) days prior to the event date. A late notice fee of $75.00 will be applied to requests received with less than ten (10) days’ notice.
- ALL events require a three (3) hour minimum.
- Two (2) officers are required for most events. Special considerations may be made for small scale events (under 200 participants).
- If an event requires four (4) or more officers to work the same function/event at the same time, one (1) of the officers must be a supervisor (Sergeant or Corporal).
- If an event requires four (4) or more student workers to work the same function/event at the same time, one (1) officer must be present for student staff supervision.
- If a request needs to be cancelled, the NAU Police Department requires four (4) hours prior notice. If proper cancellation notice is not provided, a three (3) hour minimum payment will be required per officer requested.
- Law enforcement personnel hired for special duty assignments have specific law enforcement functions and will not be considered employees or agents of the hiring entity.
- The special duty assignment may be ended, or conditions imposed, at any time by the Chief of Police or designee. Additionally, the Chief of Police or designee has the authority to order any police officer to vacate or terminate any function/event in response to emergency situations or whenever the assignment creates an unacceptable risk to the health, safety, and welfare of the police officer and/or the public.
- The NAU Police Department reserves the right to require additional officers and/or equipment during special events to ensure the safety for all participants and staff. Client(s) will be informed of additional needs during the initial event request review conducted by the NAU Police Department. Additional costs will be incurred by the client(s) at the below rates.
- Events may be unapproved and unauthorized from occurring if parties fail to adhere to recommendations made by the NAU Police Department.
|Minimum Starting Payment for Student Traffic Controllers||$12.00 per hour|
|Minimum Starting Payment for dispatchers||$35 per hour|
|Minimum Starting Payment for Officers||$43 per hour|
|*Selection of Officers is based on sign-up and rank cannot be predetermined for your event*|
|Additional Equipment (Need determined by Law Enforcement||Rate|
|Administrative/Operational Planning||$10.00 per event|
|Traffic Cones (120) (for traffic direction/control)||$20.00 per event|
|Light Tower (for Police Operations only)||$25.00 per event|
|Visual Display Board (for traffic direction/control)||$25.00 per event|