Official NAU retirees, who are also NAURA members, are eligible for a retiree parking pass. If you and your spouse/partner are NAU retirees and each needs an annual parking pass, each retiree must have a lifetime membership OR pay annual dues each year.
- Life-time members
- qualify for a retiree permanent parking pass and only one sign-up is needed.
- Annual members
- Must renew their parking pass every year. The parking permit window has been changed to match the NAURA year of July 1 to June 30. If you do not want a gap in your parking permit, you will need to pay by June 30 but not before June 1.
- NEW Annual NAURA members – You can join NAURA anytime; however, it’s best to join between June 1 and June 30th to align with the parking permit yearly window (July 1 – June 30).
Retiree parking permit holders must adhere to all parking policies. Since the parking system is based on license plate recognition, vehicles must be parked with the plate facing the drive aisle.
A list of eligible retirees’ names is supplied to Parking Services by the NAURA Membership Records Chair as needed. Parking Services will confirm your retirement status in PeopleSoft and your membership status with NAURA. The NAU parking pass uses a License Plate Recognition (LPR) system so with a parking pass you can park your car, only one vehicle at a time, on campus in employee lots only. Parking stickers are no longer used.
To setup or renew (annual members only) your NAURA retiree parking pass with Parking Services, you have three options:
1. Send your eReceipt or digital copy of your new membership card to email@example.com and your NAURA status will be verified and parking will change your status so you can then go online and order your NAURA retiree parking pass.
2. Go to the Parking Services office with a printed copy of your eReceipt or your new membership card. You can then order your pass online in their office if you need assistance.
3. Send your eReceipt or digital copy of your new membership card to firstname.lastname@example.org and request they order the life member (only done once) or the annual NAURA retiree permit for you.
A retiree parking pass must be replaced with a purchased employee parking pass if the retiree is working at NAU more than 10 hours per week, teaching more than 3 hours, or enrolling in more than one class.
Keep in mind if your contact information changes OR the vehicle(s) associated with your parking pass change, you will need to update that information with Parking Services. Most information can be updated through your parking portal.