Explore the various events, programs, and partnerships offered by Northern Arizona University, the Native American Cultural Center, and it’s partners.
NACC Event Schedule
The NACC creates programming and events in 4 areas: cultural expression events, social outreach events, inclusive educational events, and Indigenous health and well being events. Information from the “Future Leaders” survey and the Indigenous Student Forums provided by NAU Indigenous students helped in creating the events schedule. Check out the schedules below and stop by the NACC!
There is always a diverse range of events that are held at the NACC every month, check our Facebook page for updated events and other information.
Fall Semester 2020 Events
All events hosted by the NACC will be virtual this semester, contact us for the Zoom Link and Passwords for each event. Here is a tentative list of events that we hope you can join us for:
- Oct 15, Oct 29, & Nov 12, 12p to 1:30p- Learning From Our Elders Lecture Series: Learn with esteemed Elder Lorenzo Max, Navajo, as he lectures about Navajo culture and philosophy. Topics are TBA. https://nau.zoom.us Meeting ID: 970 0707 3152 Password: Elders; Call in to 669-900-6833 use Meeting ID: 970 0707 3152
- Oct 27, Nov 3, & Nov 10, 11a to 1p- Elder Cultural Advisor Student Workshops: Meet with the Elder Cultural Advisor for any of your questions, or if you need cultural assistance, check out the virtual meeting! https://nau.zoom.us Meeting ID: 916 0917 5984 Password: Max; Call in to 669-900-6833 Meeting ID: 916 0917 5984.
- Oct 20, 3p to 5p- Tips for Improving Your Student Skills: How to virtual mini-series- designed to teach students tips for taking notes, critical reading, meeting Professors, good study habits, and other topics such as how to Zoom, and virtual meeting etiquette; https://nau.zoom.us Meeting ID: 930 2399 1046 Password: skills
- Dates & Times TBA- Virtual Talking Circles: focus on checking in, sharing, self-care tips, and other self-guided topics to motivate students.
- TBD- Native American/Indigenous Alumni Mentor Event: Meet & Greet with other Native American/Indigenous Alums and find out ways to be involved as an Alum and as a Mentor!
- Native American Heritage Month Events: all events will be virtual
- Nov 2: Opening Speaker, TBA
- Nov 9: Indigenous Professors, TBA, moderate discussion on their choice
- Nov 16: Indigenous Community Speakers, TBA moderate discussion topic of their choice
In accordance with NAUs COVID-19 response, the NACC is canceling all in-person events until further notice. Please check back periodically for information about events at the NACC.