We're Still Here for You!
Did you know?
Our commitment to Native Americans
NAU maintains a strong commitment to supporting the success of Native American and Indigenous students. This commitment can be seen in the number of student support services, programs, and events at the NACC and across campus. Additionally, NAUs University Strategic Goal #3 is to become the nation’s leading university serving Native Americans. The Office of Native American Initiatives and the NACC have implemented strategic plans that support the university’s strategic goal #3. Click on the link for the ONAI Strategic Statements.
Provide a university climate and culture that enhance the academic experiences of Native American students, staff, and faculty
- increase the number of full-time Native American faculty, administrators, and staff
- promote awareness and understanding of Native American cultures
- expand curricula that focus on and address Native American experiences
- explore cross-disciplinary programs and approaches that incorporate Native American traditional knowledge and practices in collaboration with tribal agencies and communities
Improve the recruitment, retention, and progress of Native American students
- increase the enrollment, retention, and progress toward graduation of Native American students
- expand partnerships with tribal colleges to enhance opportunities for Native American students to continue their education
- create learning pedagogies and student support frameworks leading to Native American student success
- raise a substantial endowment to support Native American students and programs through advancement efforts
- enhance marketing to highlight a commitment to and achievements of Native Americans
Develop collaborative service and outreach programs with Native American communities
- strengthen and develop partnerships with tribal governments and others that benefit Native American students, researchers, faculty, and communities
- enhance fundraising that supports Native American students, faculty, programs, and their communities
- work with tribes to establish scholarship and retention programs and a designated Native American endowed position