ITS has been working closely with the Office of the Provost to improve the current public NAU Directory. The current public NAU Directory does not provide visitors with profile pictures of faculty members and often shows inaccurate or outdated information for faculty, both at the individual and department levels.
To address this issue, ITS has developed a new mechanism that allows NAU faculty and staff to upload pictures to their own profile. The tool to make these edits was incorporated into the existing ID.nau.edu application, and will be available for faculty and staff on August, 19, 2019. Any updates made in ID.nau.edu will then be displayed on the main NAU directory and the associated departmental Directory in WordPress. NAU leadership would has requested that profile pictures and accurate information be available prior to the start of the Fall 2019 semester.
To ensure that information is accurate and updated, Directory Maintainers across campus will be tasked with helping resolve discrepancies. Departmental Directories will be provided audit information to expedite the Directory data cleanup. Departments without a Directory Maintainer can submit a Service Request to the ITS Solution Center.
What is changing?
- Display profile pictures on the public NAU Directory
- Provide single entry for NAU faculty and staff to update contact information (preferred name, phone number, email, address, and building location), and academic and research activities
- Improve data accuracy of public NAU Directory
- Remove the option to override information in departmental directories
- Moving towards a more modern look, and dynamic search functionality
How is this going to affect Faculty?
- Faculty will now have control over what appears on their profile, therefore most updates can be made when needed, without needing to submit a work request
- Faculty can choose to not display Grant and Scholarship information at their discretion
Questions or comments about the change and the new process can be directed to the ITS Solution Center at 928-523-3335.