January 28, 2020 is National Data Privacy Day, an international event that strives to raise awareness and provide best practices for privacy and data protection. NAU ITS wants to encourage and empower the Lumberjack community by providing our top 10 tips on keeping their data secure online.
- Longer passwords are better, never share or reuse passwords.
- Don’t click on links or attachments that seem phishy (pun intended).
- On a regular basis, install updates on your devices.
- Avoid unauthorized access on your devices with two-step verification.
- Limit the amount of information you showcase on your social media accounts.
- Turn off your location settings in applications.
- Backup your information.
- Use only secure wireless networks.
- Learn how to recognize scams and manage your email.
- Enroll in NAU’s multi-factor authentication here.
Want to learn more? Watch the video below.