President Cheng helped us celebrate a very success Campus Solutions 9.2 upgrade and recognize the efforts and teamwork of many contributors to the project. ERP systems are complex machines of logic and business rules that require deep technical and business expertise to establish and operate. With hundreds of integrations and co-dependent systems, much can go awry when upgrading such complex systems. However, due to the professionalism and expertise of many teams and subject matter experts we avoided the disruption most always associated with these type of complex system upgrades.
- Total hours reported on project: 20,005.84 hours
- Rough cost of effort ($35/hr avg for all staff): $700,204
- Capital outlay costs < $150,000
- Total number of people who participated in the project: 188 people
- Length of project: 14 months
- Team logging the most hours: PeopleSoft/Dev @ 7,341.1 hours
- Top five staff logged hours :
- Donna Bartlett – 1,744 hours
- David Chapman – 1,360 hours
- Leslie Mathews – 1,235.75 hours
- Fen Zheng – 890.5 hours
- Mara Hardman – 890 hours
- NAU modifications identified: 777 Mods eliminated: 292 (38%)
- Unplanned down time: 0 seconds.
We can’t say enough about the collaboration and teamwork brought to this project. These teams and individual contributors all demonstrated that they are dedicated, highly skilled and knowledgeable in their areas. Moreover, our collective attitude to the upgrade and the spirit of One NAU Teamwork made for smooth transition and the assurances of operating our core business with great integrity and efficiency. Many other institutions have achieved similar outcomes, but few would match the quality of your work, and none would rival our sense of teamwork and accomplishment on behalf of NAU students, faculty and staff.