Employee Development Day on May 22 facilitated another successful day of broadening horizons and expanding networks. This annual event provides NAU employees the opportunity to learn from each other and is typically attended by more than 500 employees.
This year, nine members of ITS presented on a variety of topics from using your Mac at NAU to self defense.
- Albert Sandoval: What makes a great leader?
- Amy Fouts and Jared Logan: ITS Checklist, with Disability Resources and Contracts, Purchasing, and Risk Management
- Erin Plese and Jonathan Wince: Preventing a Data Breach
- Jason Robinson: iPad Tips & Tricks and Using your Mac at NAU
- Kathleen Ellis: Self Defense, with Carly Banks
- Kegan Remington: Video conferencing
- Sarah Lipsey: Microsoft Teams
Erin and Jonathan found that participants were engaged and wanted to learn more. Through their sessions they “were able to shed new light on poor practices” and provided new ways for people to protect themselves. Erin and Jonathan even received requests to present on the topic directly to departments around campus.
Kathleen appreciates the opportunity to learn something new that can be applied at work and at home, and Jason loved feeling like he gave attendees a new superpower.
ITS was represented well at this year’s event and will likely have more opportunities to continue the conversation throughout the year.