Zoom has been adapting to a steep increase in usage, which brings with it a parallel increase in nefarious activity. In response, Zoom has just released an important update that must be manually applied.
The update appears on the landing page of the desktop application.
When the app is opened, a message appears at the top indicating an update is available.
Click the Update link to start the update process.
At any time, you can check to see if updates are available.
On the desktop application landing page, click on your profile icon in the upper-right corner.
Select Check for Updates from the menu that appears.
Update highlights Accordion Closed
- Fixed the UNC link issue
- Meeting/webinar features
- Video as Virtual Background
- Add or edit profile picture during a meeting
- Limit Screen Sharing to Applications Only
- Limit Screen Sharing to Only the Host
- Advanced Noise Suppression
- Fully Minimize Toolbar when Screensharing
- Notification When No Sound is Detected from Microphone
- Sharing Key Ease of Use
- Do Not Disturb Automatically Enabled when Screensharing
- Meeting Features
- Skin tones for meeting reactions
- Virtual Background Selection within Video Preview
- Meeting Reactions
- View Other Participant’s Audio Status
- Contact Me Option for Feedback
- Send a Message to Participants in a Waiting Room
- Schedule a Meeting with Waiting Room
- Specify File Types for In-Meeting File Transfer
- Closed Captioning in Breakout Sessions
- Chat features
- Format text in chat messages
- Reply with an image, file, voice message, or code snippet
- Enhanced “happy birthday” reaction
- Zoom Phone features
- Transfer caller to current Zoom meeting
- In-call status