Wi-Fi at NAU
Most NAU Flagstaff campus buildings and statewide locations have wireless network access provided by ITS. We are constantly working to provide wireless access by increasing the number of access points and improving connectivity while moving between buildings. Note: ResNet and ResNet-Alt are now NAU and NAU-Device.
The NAU network is a secure network available to faculty, staff, and students with an NAU userID and Password.
NAU-Device is for for devices that cannot connect to NAU Wi-Fi, which includes many gaming devices.
The NAU-Guest network is available to all NAU guests and provides basic access to Internet resources only.
Wireless across campus
Recent Improvements Accordion Closed
- Student Union –As part of the overall renovation in the Union, all wireless access points have been upgraded (to provide better capacity and 802.11ac wireless) and new ones added for better wireless coverage. (March 2018)
- Adel Mathematics– All wireless access points in this building have been upgraded to provide better overall capacity and 802.11ac wireless. (February 2018)
- McKay Village– Additional wireless access points will be added to resident rooms to provide better capacity and wireless coverage. (August 2018)
- Pine Ridge Village– Additional wireless access points will be added to resident rooms to provide better capacity and wireless coverage. (August 2018)
- Reilly Hall– Additional wireless access points will be added to resident rooms to provide better capacity and wireless coverage. (August 2018)
Upcoming Improvements Accordion Closed
- Prochnow Auditorium– All wireless access points will be upgraded to provide better capacity and 802.11ac wireless. (March 2019)
Share your Wi-Fi experience with us!
ITS is actively working to improve the wireless network across campus, and we welcome feedback from students, faculty, and staff. Click the button below to share your feedback with us.
Need more help connecting? Please contact ITS Support.
Know the rules
All NAU employees and students should read and be familiar with the Appropriate Use of IT Resources policy.
EduRoam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. EduRoam allows students, researchers, and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop.
When will EduRoam be available to use? Accordion Closed
EduRoam is available to all locations that have the NAU Wireless networks. Users have the ability to login and begin utilizing EduRoam at any time.
How will I connect to EduRoam? Accordion Closed
- For Students and Student Employees without an Exchange account, login using your NAU school email in the format of “email@example.com” in the Username field. In the Password field, insert your NAU Password.
- For Student Employees with an Exchange account, login using your Student Employee email in the format of “firstname.lastname@example.org” in the Username field. In the Password field, insert your NAU Password.
- For Employees (Faculty, Staff, Affiliate, and etc), login using your primary work email usually in the format of “email@example.com” in the Username field. In the Password field, insert your NAU Password.
To learn more about connecting to the EduRoam network, choose from any of the platforms below.
Mac OS X
Where is EduRoam available? Accordion Closed
Learn more about where EduRoam is available by searching the eduroam institution list.
Network Acceptable Use Policy for EduRoam Accordion Closed
- When using the EduRoam service, you shall always comply with local laws that regulate the use of the service.
- You shall not use the EduRoam service for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. private keys or passwords).
- Use of the EduRoam service is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the service will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
- Logged information is used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. The logged information may be disclosed under lawful order to law enforcement or other entities.
- The access-granting bodies and Resource Providers are entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate your access, within their domain of authority, and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
- You are liable for the consequences of you violating any of these conditions of use.