How can I participate in the CRS?
This is a 6-month professional development institute for PreK-12 educators that will grow their capacity and effectiveness in working with Indigenous students. The program focuses on increasing educators’ knowledge of key ideas/issues, and also educators’ ability to use and apply that knowledge to their everyday work with students. You can also email us at email@example.com if you would like to be added to our contact list.
Applications are due March 8th, 2023. Applicants will be notified on March 21st, 2023.
- Employed full-time in a school serving over 25% Native students
- Employed in a publicly-funded or tribally-funded school in Arizona
- Employed in a role that works directly with students and/or families (i.e., teacher, educational assistance, residential coordinators, instructional coach, family engagement coordinator, etc.)
- Ability to attend ALL meetings CRS schedule 2023
Expectations of accepted applicants
- Attend all virtual and in person meetings, including the final Showcase and Open House on December 2nd, 2023, in Flagstaff
- Submit all writing assignments on time, including the final complete curriculum unit that meets program specifications
- Maintain regular communication via email and/or phone with the program staff
Benefits of program participation and incentives
- Certificate of completion with seat hours noted for professional development
- Stipend for $500 upon completion
- PD hours certificate for 35 hours
- Self-authored curriculum or practice guide is published on INE website
- Connected to a diverse community of educators with a shared commitment to culturally responsive schooling