How can I participate in the CRS?
This is a 6-month professional development institute for PreK-12 educators that will grow their capacity and effectiveness in working with Indigenous students. The program focuses on increasing educators’ knowledge of key ideas/issues, and also educators’ ability to use and apply that knowledge to their everyday work with students. We are no longer accepting applications for this program at this time. Please check back periodically. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to our contact list.
- Employed full-time in a school serving over 25% Native students
- Employed in a publicly-funded or tribally-funded school in Arizona
- Employed in a role that works directly with students and/or families (i.e., teacher, educational assistance, residential coordinators, instructional coach, family engagement coordinator, etc.)
- Ability to attend ALL meetings (2022 CRS schedule)
Expectations of accepted applicants
- Attend all virtual and in person meetings, including the final Showcase and Open House on December 3, 2022 in Flagstaff
- Submit all writing assignments on time, including the final complete curriculum unit that meets program specifications
- Maintain regular communication via email and/or phone with the program staff
Benefits of program participation and incentives
- Certificate of completion with seat hours noted for professional development
- Stipend provided upon completion
- Self-authored curriculum or practice guide is published on INE website
- Connected to a diverse community of educators with a shared commitment to culturally responsive schooling