Staff Salary Increase
Fiscal Year 2020
We are pleased to inform you that President Cheng has approved funding for a 3% salary increase to eligible employees to recognize employee performance in FY2020.
- Hire date prior to August 27, 2018 (start of academic year) AND
- Most recent performance appraisal is good, very good, or outstanding (employees who do not have a current appraisal on file will automatically meet this criteria) AND
- No formal discipline since August 27, 2018 AND
- Must have current eCERT on file (completion within last year) AND
- For supervisors, all appraisals for staff that were due before March 31, 2019 are completed and turned into Human Resources AND
- No job change/transfer in last year that resulted in 3% or more increase. Those who received an increase of less than 3% can receive an increase that brings their total increase to 3% (for example, if an employee received a 2% increase with a transfer, they can be awarded 1%).
Below are the important points of this year’s program:
- The effective date of the increase will be July 1, 2019.
- Affected employee groups: Classified Staff, Service Professionals, Postdoctoral Scholars and non-executive Administrators (excluding Head Coaches).
- Employees on Special Assignment: When your special assignment ends, and you return to your former job, your former salary will be increased by 3% at that time.
- Supervisors who have not submitted performance appraisals for their staff that were due before March 31, 2019 will have until 5 p.m. on May 22, 2019 to submit the appraisals to be eligible for the increase.
- Employees who have not completed their annual eCERT will have until 5 p.m. on May 22, 2019 to complete the eCERT to be eligible for the increase.
- This 3% increase will be reflected for eligible appointed staff employees in the Notices of Appointment (NOA) released on May 31, 2019.
- Salary notices will be sent via email to eligible Classified Staff employees on May 29, 2019.