Access the PBI Database
- The PBI database is now closed. The deadline was Friday, March 16, 2018.
- Access to the database is limited to authorized personnel. Please contact your Dean's Office or Department Head with questions regarding PBI requests.
Performance Based Increase
Fiscal Year 2018We are pleased to inform you that President Cheng has allocated funds for a top-performer increase in FY 2018. Below are the important points of this year’s program:
- The effective date of the increase will be July 1, 2018.
- Individual increases will be communicated to employees sometime in April/May.
- Funding has been allocated to provide increases to Classified Staff, Service Professionals and Post-Doctoral Scholars. (Faculty will also receive increases, but their program differs from the staff program because of policy requirements.)
- Top performer increases can be granted to up to 15% of classified staff and up to 15% of service professionals. The top performer increases will be a fixed 3%.
- VPs may not supplement the pool with additional funding
- Grant and locally funded positions that are not supported by University Central will continue to be funded by the grant and area local budgets respectively.
- Hire Date not less than 1 year from effective date AND
- Active for at least 6 months during last year AND
- Most recent performance appraisal is good, very good, or outstanding AND
- No formal discipline in last year AND
- Must have current e-CERT on file (completion within last year) AND
- If supervisor, all appraisals for staff completed AND
- Excludes regrade, lowest paid wage adjustments, and special assignment.
- Those who received a less than 3% increase can receive an increase that brings their total increase to 3%. For example, if an employee received a 2% increase with a reclassification, they can be awarded 1%.No STAR or job change/transfer during last year that resulted in 3% or more increase.
- Sustained results-oriented performance AND
- Dedicated effort that results in a high volume of high quality work related to department goals or operations AND
- Initiative and creativity to prevent and/or solve problems, especially problems that extend beyond the normal scope of their job AND
- Utilizing knowledge, skills and abilities to advance department objectives/goals and/or university mission AND
- Perform work utilizing behaviors that align with university values AND
- Directs efforts and resources toward department/university priorities
- Human Resources will provide staff salary, performance and other relevant data to you in a database that will be accessible to those granted access from our website.
- Human Resources will provide you with the number of Classified Staff and Service Professional/Postdoctoral Scholars that may be awarded from your area.
- Top Performer Increase requests must be made using the form available in the database and will require a justification of the increase based on the criteria in the attached program description document.
Timeline: (Please note that the window for submissions is only two weeks.)
|Thursday, March 1, 2018||PBI Database Available to VPs and designees|
|Friday, March 16, 2018||Deadline: All Top Performer Increase requests in PBI Database with VP Approval|
|April/May||Detailed Reports Sent to VPs|
|April/May||PBI Salary Notices Distributed to Impacted Employees|
|Sunday, July 1, 2018||All PBI Increases Effective|
|Friday, July 20, 2018||PBI Increases in Paychecks|