Minimum qualificationsMinimum qualifications are often set in equivalent levels such as:
- bachelor’s degree in field appropriate to area of assignment and two years administrative coordinative program experience, or
- six years of progressively responsible administrative coordinative program experience, or
- an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
Classified staffThe Arizona Board of Regents have established the minimum qualifications for classified staff positions. These minimum qualifications cannot be changed.
- The hiring committee should identify and document what degrees are appropriate.
- The committee should discuss definition of "progressively responsible" experience.
- Generally, a related/required BA degree is equal to four years of experience.
- A related/required AA degree is typically equal to two years of experience.
- A non-related/required BA degree generally equals two years of experience.
- A non-related/required AA degree generally equals one year of experience.
- An unfinished degree may be applied to minimum qualifications at a prorated level.
- For example, if three years of a four year program have been completed, this may count as three years experience if related and/or required, and one-and-a-half years experience is unrelated and/or not-required.
- Part-time experience should be pro-rated when counting toward minimum qualifications.
- As appropriate, consider non-traditional experience toward minimum qualifications.
- For example, an applicant with two years of education and four years of experience would have an "equivalent" combination and meet minimum qualifications.
- If committee members disagree on a "close call," include the applicant as having met minimum qualifications.