Fall 2021 Return to In-Person Work Updates
NAU is initiating a sequenced return to in-person work locations at pre-pandemic levels in advance of the Fall 2021 semester. The return of our faculty and staff to in-person work meets an immediate and essential need to give our students every advantage as they return for classes in the fall. Fall classes begin on August 23.
Currently, more than 50% of NAU’s employees (whether located on the Flagstaff campus or at one of our statewide sites) are working in-person.
- Some departments have already begun returning employees to in-person work locations based on the department needs.
- If employees have specific questions about when they should be returning or if they would like to plan for an earlier return, they should speak with their supervisor.
- All employees are expected to return to their designated campus/work site locations no later than the following dates:
- Aug. 9: All supervisory staff shall be on-campus or at their designated in-person site.
- Aug. 16: All staff will return to in-person work locations in preparation for the start of the fall semester.
- Aug. 16: All faculty will report to in-person work locations as required by their individual teaching assignments, research, scholarly and creative activity commitments, and service expectations.
Divisions/departments may consider requests for flexible schedules and/or telework arrangements based on individual circumstances, position requirements, and business needs. All decisions will be made in light of NAU’s commitment to providing a vibrant and active Fall 2021 experience for all students, staff and faculty.
Any NAU employee who believes they are eligible for a reasonable accommodation, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, is encouraged to visit the Disability Resources page.Continuing COVID-19 Guidance for In-Person Work Flexible Work Schedules and Telework Information Employee Assistance and Wellness