February 2020 HR Announcements
NAU Human Resources would like to draw your attention to some important new announcements.
Supervisors, department liaisons, and co-workers are encouraged to print and post important announcement updates in units where NAU employees may not use their email accounts or work on computers on a regular basis.
Learning and Development
There are several employee development opportunities available beginning in February. To review, please click here.
Campus Health Services
Assisting Students in Distress
Kognito is a 30-minutes, interactive, online course available to faculty, staff, and students, that provides training on how to approach and discuss concerns with a student who is in distress. Learn through simulated conversations, interactive environments, and realistic roleplay.
University Transit Services – Employee Benefit!
The ecoPASS is a Mountain Line city bus pass provided to all Northern Arizona University employees for $25 per year. Pick up your ecoPASS at Parking and Shuttle Services, Centennial building (#91), Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A NAU JacksCard is required for an ecoPASS.
February water aerobics classes
Explore our non-swimming, water-based workouts this spring. Our DEEP class will provide you with a water-based, low- to no-impact workout twice per week; class will meet in the dive tank, and no experience is needed! Tabata + aqua = tAQUAta! This high intensity interval training will help you with cardio and strength… you’ll definitely get your sweat on. Registration is open online now!
WATER AEROBICS: DEEP
- Mondays and Wednesdays, February 3 – 26, 5:15 – 6 pm
- Cost: $40 for faculty/staff/students, $50 for others
- Drop-In Cost: $8/day
tAQUAta (Shallow Water Aerobics)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, February 4 – 27, 5:15 – 6 pm
- Cost: $40 for faculty/staff, $50 for others
- Drop-In Cost: $8/day
ValenCLIMB’s Day Climb! – February 14th
- Will you Be(lay) my Valentine? If you’re looking for a fun and adventurous alternative you your typical date, grab your partner and head over to the climbing wall for an evening of partner climbing!
- 7pm-9pm | NAU Climbing Wall | Free for members
Jump start your fitness with Small Group Training that offers the best of both Group Fitness and Personal Training! It provides interaction with peers, and the attention of a Personal Trainer to engage participants in a stronger sense of camaraderie while working to reach their goals. With group sizes of 3-5 individuals, you will receive immediate feedback to drive measurable results. Classes run for seven weeks and are held twice per week. Register now, as space is limited for Session 2!
- Dates – 03/09 – 04/20
- $150 2x/week for 6 weeks, 12 sessions total.
- $175 3x/week for 6 weeks, 18 sessions total.
Please note: participation in this program is dependent on small group training sign-ups of 3 – 5 people.
All participants must be able to attend the full hour of their preferred time – make ups are administered per the assigned Personal Trainer and Fitness Coordinator
Interested in getting involved in intramural sports? These events are single or doubles play, please register at imleagues.com/nau and purchasing the $5 play pass for a single event or are all included in the $20 Spring semester Unlimited Play Pass.
- Intramural Swim Meet – Feb. 8th at WAC (can register day-of if event runs)
- Doubles Pickleball tournament – Feb. 23rd at Rec Center MPG (registration closes Feb. 19th)
- Doubles Badminton tournament – Mar. 8th at Rec Center South Gym (registration closes Mar. 4th)