Compassionate Transfer of Leave
Compassionate Transfer of Leave(CTL) allows eligible employees who have exhausted all forms of paid leave to supplement their lost wages (or supplement short-term disability) using vacation leave transferred by another university employee.
To be eligible to receive or donate hours an employee must be regular, classified, professional and administrative employees who accrues vacation.
Donating vacation hours
Process Accordion Closed
- Complete a Compassionate Transfer of Leave Donor Form
- Submit the form to Human Resources
- Human Resources will verify that you are eligible to donate leave to the CTL pool.
- If approved, the amount of donated leave will be removed from your leave balance and transferred to the CLT pool.
- If denied you will be sent a notice containing the reason for the denial.
Employee Receiving Leave
- have been in an benefit eligible position for more than one year of continuous service and eligible for vacation during that period; and
- be on an approved medical leave for a catastrophic illness or injury that is expected to last for a period of at least 45 consecutive calendar days: and
- have exhausted all forms of paid leave.
Illness/injury is considered catastrophic for an employee or a covered family if it is:
- a serious or life-threatening injury or illness that is expected to last for a period of at least 45 consecutive calendar days and the employee is not able to work in any capacity for at least this period; and
- is a non-work related illness; and
- is confirmed in writing by the employee’s medical provider, subject to reconfirmation by a medical provider chosen by the university.
process Accordion Closed
Approval of your CTL request is dependent on sufficient leave hours being available in the CTL pool.
- Complete the ‘Request for Compassionate Transfer of Leave’ form and submit the form to your department for approval
- Department submits the form to Human Resources
- If approved, you will be notified of the amount of CTL leave you have been approved to use.
- If denied, you will be sent a notice containing the reason for the denial.
- Human Resources will submit a ‘Leave Accrual Adjustment’ form to payroll.