Green Time of the Month
Providing students with access to comprehensive sexual health knowledge and resources is the heart of equitable, intersectional sustainability. Students who may experience financial hardship are given an opportunity to meet their menstrual needs through this project, which helps to alleviate period poverty here on campus. By empowering people who menstruate with the knowledge and resources to switch to reusable and sustainable products, Health and Habits works to reduce NAU’s waste by hundreds of thousands of pounds. The Green Time of the Month project acknowledges the interconnectedness of sustainability and health and aims to support students who menstruate with sustainable period products.
How to Receive Sustainable Menstrual Products
- Take this brief sexual health education course created by Health Promotion (it is a Google Form and takes 30-45 minutes to complete). At the end of the module, a “Certificate of Completion” will be sent to the email you entered.
- Send the screenshot of the “Certificate of Completion” to Sustainability@nau.edu
- Once you have sent the screenshot, please make an appointment where you will choose which package you want and the day/time you will pick it up. The packages available are
- One menstrual cup and 3 reusable pads
- 36 non-applicator tampons and 3 reusable pads
- Visit the ASNAU (located in the University Union 2nd floor) office to pick up the package at your scheduled pick up time and enjoy!
Resources and FAQs
Information about reusable pads.
Information about menstrual cups.
Any questions about the products you’ve received can be directed to NAU Health Promotions.