Green Labs Certification Program
What is the Green Labs Program?
The Green Labs Program is a collaboration between the Office of Sustainability and Environmental Health & Safety with the goal to minimize the environmental impact, and inspire and promote a culture of sustainability in laboratories at NAU. We have developed educational information with waste metrics, and a checklist for labs to complete to become a Certified Green Lab.
Why Participate in the Program?
As a Certified Green Lab you will have the opportunity to cultivate a positive impact on people, planet, and profit, the three pillars of sustainability. Sustainable laboratories is a growing field, and this program lays out the foundation for your lab to be a leader in this field and demonstrate your commitment to sustainability.
4 Easy Steps!
- Download the Certification Checklist, and get started to become certified
- Go through the checklist and follow the prompts
- Once you complete the Checklist, submit the signed Green Labs Program Pledge to email@example.com
- Meet with the Green Labs Coordinator to go over the checklist, and advance on the sustainable improvements in your lab to achieve a higher level of the certification
- NAU Green Labs Program Checklist Guidance Presentation
- Green Labs Program Pledge
- Green Labs Educational Brochure
- Virtual Pilot Program Survey (coming soon / apply link)
- Register for the Freezer Challenge
- Green Office Certification Program