The NAU Green Fund is excited to announce the success of our inaugural Green Fund Student Research Grant. In accordance with the Green Fund’s mission to reduce NAU’s negative impact on the environment and contribute to a culture of sustainability on campus, this grant was created during the Fall 2019 term with the vision of incentivizing solution-oriented research on sustainable initiatives local to Flagstaff and NAU.
Please join us in congratulating the following individuals and their respective research proposals:
- Justin Case for Testing Effectiveness of PET Plastic-eating Microbes at NAU
- Galen Dennis for Carbon Sequestering Algae Bioreactor
- Miles Dunlap for NAU Fleet: Path to Carbon Neutrality
- Jordan Masayesva for Data Acquisition System for Small Wind Turbines
- Trong-Doan Nguyen for Data-driven Analytics of Building Utility Demand
- Christina Osterink for NAU Office Food Waste Collection for Vermicomposting Program
The Green Fund Committee would like to express our sincerest gratitude to all applicants. Your passion and dedication will be instrumental in improving the sustainability of our campus.
The Green Fund Research Grant is now an annual application that will accept research proposals from October to December of each year. All full-time NAU students, undergraduate and graduate, may apply for funding. We eagerly await the opportunity to review applications at the end of this year.
Congratulations again to this year’s recipients!