Mission and goals
The Geospatial Research and Information Laboratory (GRAIL) provides Northern Arizona University (NAU) researchers as well as NAU partners with technological support to conduct geographic information system (GIS)-related research. GRAIL promotes emerging technologies and acts as a focal point for the interface between research and education.
- Support GIS-related research and spatial data management
- Serve regional to global spatial data to NAU and partners
- Provide training for science and non-science programs for NAU academic departments
- Train undergraduate and graduate students working on research projects
- Provide technical support to satellite facilities maintained in academic units on campus
- Promote integrative activities associated with spatial technologies, including database design and management, data mining and modeling projects, online research forum development, visualization design, and related emerging technologies