Fall 2020 FYLI Peer TA Financial Policy Summary
No funding is provided for Peer TAs for Winter and Summer Sessions. Allocation is based on the number of students enrolled in each course. For Fall 20 FYLI is providing TA Support for sections with an enrollment of 70 or more.
Each section of an FYLI certified course is eligible for Peer TA assistance at $1,320 per semester. This is equivalent of:
- One TA working eight hours per week @ $11 per hour, for 15 weeks
- OR two TAs working four hours per week @ $11 per hour, for 15 weeks
- OR any configuration of TA deployment therein that does not exceed $1,320 per semester.*
Each unit is responsible for tracking TA wages and the deployment of TAs.
- All FYLI TAs must complete a brief (one-hour training) within the first three weeks of the semester. TAs will be contacted directly with more information.
- They must be full-time undergraduate students at NAU. Graduate students cannot serve as Peer TAs
- Faculty choose their own peer TAs & directly supervise them
- Peer TAs are limited to 29 hours per week in any combination of NAU positions
- Peer TAs are paid $11 per hour in accordance with NAU policy, and are classified as “Academic Level 2 (2002) Student Wage”
- Peer TAs are only hired for Fall and Spring semesters. There is no funding of FYLI peer TAs for Winter or Summer terms.
- If the number of course sections is increased, compared to historical levels, please contact the FYLI Director to discuss possibilities for additional peer TA support.
- All wage overages are the responsibility of the department
- FYLI will be monitoring payroll, TA allocations are finite resources. If funds are not utilized fully they will be allocated to departments that are in need of peer support.