FYLI Peer TA Financial Policy Summary
No funding is provided for Peer TAs for Winter and Summer Sessions.
Fall / Spring FYLI Peer TAs
Each section of a FYLI certified course is eligible for Peer TA assistance at a rate of $11.00 hour. Each Peer TA works 8 hours per week per section (no more than two sections at a time) over a 15-week semester with a maximum earned wage per semester of $1320.
- They must be full-time undergraduate students at NAU. Graduate students cannot serve as Peer TAs
- Faculty choose their own peer TAs & directly supervises them
- Peer TAs are limited to 29 hours per week in any combination of NAU positions
- Peer TAs are paid $11 per hour in accordance with NAU policy, and are classified as “Academic Level 2 (2002) Student Wage”
- FYLI does not impose any additional eligibility requirements
- No additional funds for peer TAs for large sections
- Peer TAs are only hired for Fall and Spring semesters. There is no funding of FYLI peer TAs for Winter or Summer semesters.
- If the number of course sections is increased, compared to historical levels, please contact the FYLI Director to discuss possibilities for additional peer TA support.
- All wage overages are the responsibility of departments