South Recreation Fields
The two “green” Recreation Fields include:
- two sand volleyball courts
- a discus, shot put, and hammer throwing area
- an 18-hole disc golf course
- sports fields available to Intramural Sports, student sport clubs, physical education services classes, and students
A shaded ramada joins two buildings that store equipment and house restrooms with lockers. Field lights and restroom facilities are accessible with a university ID card between 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Achieving LEED silver
- Uses a synthetic grass called Stadia Grass 45, which has a life expectancy of 10-15 years, is weather-resistant, does not require water, and has the look and feel of natural grass.
- Power-saving sports lighting complies with the City of Flagstaff’s Dark Skies Ordinance.
- Waterless urinals in restrooms.
- Fixtures with low water use.
- Use of reclaimed water, recycled drainage material, regional materials, and recycled insulation.
- Reuse of natural and unnatural materials disturbed during construction.
- Low-emitting interior materials.
- Certified wood and design innovation.
- Waste management.
- Perimeter areas were hydroseeded to re-establish native vegetation and to protect against future erosion.
- The infill of the grass contains sand and ground-up tire pellets which absorb heat throughout the day. This creates a radiating heat effect which helps snow to melt more quickly in the winter.
- The turf drainage system is designed and constructed to discharge even the heaviest monsoon storm in a short period of time, returning the field to safe playability without damage almost instantly.
- All the materials removed during the construction of these fields were reused in some way:
- Trees that were removed were used again for ground covering in the throwing area. Larger logs were donated to the ceramics program to fire the kilns.
- Earth that had been moved was used as fill-in.
- Quick facts
- For faculty, staff & building managers
- For design professionals & contractors
- Bids & RFQ’s
- Van training
- Insurance & Claims Services
- Fleet Services
- NAU postal changes
- NAU addressing proposal
- NAU reference map
- Office of the Fire Marshal
- FS organization chart
- FS new hire training info
- Facility Services student employment application pdf
- Current construction