Mission & goals
Our purpose within the NAU community
Our mission is to foster open communication between the university and our student’s family members. We engage parents, family members, and students in university life by encouraging interest, participation, and support of the university. This enhances the quality of both the student and family members’ experience during their years involved with the university.
Goals for our department
We have three primary goals:
- to advance the mission and goals of Northern Arizona University through the establishment and maintenance of contact between the university and the parents of its students
- to provide a medium through which parents/family members of current students can:
- develop an interest in the progress and needs of Northern Arizona University
- contribute to the well-being of the university
- create beneficial relations with the university
- to support the Northern Arizona University administration in fostering and encouraging exemplary scholarship by our students
For more information on NAU’s higher arching mission, vision, and goals, we invite you to visit the Office of the President’s website.