Childcare Voucher Program
Applications for the Fall 2022 term Childcare Voucher Program are now closed. Please check back in early January 2023 for the Spring 2023 application. For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 928-523-5181.
If you are a student parent, you may be eligible to receive an award to help subsidize the cost of childcare so you can concentrate on your studies and graduate on time. Funds are available for qualifying undergraduate, graduate, online, and statewide campus students.
Student eligibility criteria Accordion Open
- Undergraduate and graduate in-person, online, and statewide campus students must be currently enrolled at Northern Arizona University, have demonstrated need (Pell eligible EFC), and have childcare costs directly related to their coursework.
- Student enrolled in 9 or more credit hours are eligible.
- Student is using childcare in the state of Arizona.
- The Lumberjack CARE Center will verify student eligibility and financial aid status.
- Eligible students may be asked to provide additional information when the student’s spouse or partner is also an NAU student.
- NAU Childcare Voucher awards must occur during one’s active student enrollment with the University, and in both the corresponding academic and July 1-June 30 fiscal year period.
- The age range for dependent children is birth-12 years.
- Unfortunately, international students are NOT eligible.
How it works Accordion Closed
- The Childcare Voucher Program provides parents with a semester-long award amount of $1,000 per term, per household, to assist in coursework-related childcare coverage.
- One application only may be submitted for each household, and applications must be resubmitted each term. Students who apply will be notified of their acceptance into the program.
- A new application must be submitted in the fall and the spring.
Program overview Accordion Closed
- In place of payments directly to childcare providers, there will be a limited number of $1,000 grants (no repayment required) for qualified participants to be applied to childcare costs.
- Participants will receive one $1,000 grant per semester and one grant per family.
- Qualified students will receive the $1,000 grant directly as a check in their name.
- Participants will use these funds to pay their childcare providers directly.
- Students may use the childcare provider of their choice as long as it falls into one of the regulated or sponsored categories of “Qualifying Childcare”. See Program Guidelines.
- Students must apply for funding each term.
Students are encouraged to explore other helpful resources throughout the Flagstaff community and NAU. Some of these resources include on-campus housing, WIC, DES programs, and tribal care programs. Vouchers may be used along with other forms of childcare assistance.