Proposal Forms & Submission Process
Course Proposal & Review Forms
Course Proposal Forms for the General Studies Program are called “Essential Course Design Requirement” Forms. These forms were developed to be submitted with, and continually linked to, the Syllabus of Record. The form was designed to clearly describe to any future faculty member teaching a General Studies course exactly what learning outcomes, assignments and course materials must be present each time the course is prepared. This ensures the course will continue to retain its alignment with General Studies Requirements regardless of who, when, or how the class section is taught.
If you are requesting a course have a designation in a Knowledge Area and in a Diversity Requirement, you will need to complete the Essential Course Design Requirement forms for each of those designations, and attach your syllabus to the proposal.
|Knowledge Area||Essential Course Design Requirements Form |
(e.g., Proposal Form)
|American Institutions||Form||Coming Soon|
|Arts & Humanities||Form||Coming Soon|
|Scientific Literacy: Physical, Life, Earth and Space Sciences||Form||Coming Soon|
|Scientific Literacy: Social Sciences||Form||Coming Soon|
|Scientific Methods||Form||Coming Soon|
|Social & Political Worlds||Form||Coming Soon|
|Diversity Perspective||Essential Course Design Requirements Form |
(e.g., Proposal Form)
|Global Diversity||Form||Coming Soon|
|Indigenous Peoples||Form||Coming Soon|
|Intersectional Identities||Form||Coming Soon|
|U.S. Ethnic Diversity||Form||Coming Soon|
Step-by-step Proposal Submission
To submit your General Studies Proposal:
- Send your completed Essential Course Design Requirements Form and Syllabus to your college’s Curriculum Process Associate:
- Your Curriculum Process Associate will fill out the appropriate catalog paperwork that will accompany the proposal for you, return them to you, and work with you to prepare them for submission to the appropriate curriculum committees.
- Once your curriculum proposal is submitted, your Curriculum Process Associate will incorporate it into the General Studies, Diversity, pre-review, and college-review process, as appropriate. College curriculum and assessment committees will then recommend or deny the proposal to the Provost for the Academic Catalog.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to complete these forms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to download the forms and complete them yourself, please submit the completed form(s) to the correct individual for your campus in #1 above:
- Are you proposing a new course that will have a General Studies and/or Diversity Designation?
- Use the “New Course”
- Are you proposing a course change that will change the course to carry a General Studies and/or Diversity Designation?
- Use the “Course Change”
- Are you proposing to delete a course that had a General Studies and/or Diversity Designation?
- Use the “Course Deletion”