Multiple opportunities for professional and organizational development are offered through training held by the Center for Service and Volunteerism. Read more about them below, and contact us if you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation.
Real Colors Workshop Accordion Closed
Real Colors(r) is a dynamic workshop experience providing participants with the skills to:
- understand human behavior
- uncover motivators specific to each color temperament
- improve communication with others
The basis of this workshop is the Real Colors(r) Personality Instrument: a user-friendly, intuitive tool that identifies four personality types common to all people-Gold, Green, Blue, and Orange.
It all begins with the Real Colors workshop, in which participants:
- gain an understanding of the four colors (each corresponding to a personality type)
- discover where they fall as an individual on the Real Colors spectrum
- learn to recognize characteristics of each of the four colors
- discuss with fellow workshop participants what it’s like to be each color
From the very beginning, participants begin to see the world from a new perspective…and have fun doing it!
Erin Kruse, M.Ed., is a certified Real Colors(r) trainer and can facilitate individual and group sessions as well as advanced or specific topics such as virtual communication, social distancing, and team dynamics.
AmeriCorps Seniors Tech Connect Accordion Closed
The AmeriCorps Seniors Team has developed the Tech Connect Program to help seniors utilize technology to enable virtual service opportunities and reduce isolation.
The Tech Connect Program contains three components:
- Train and certify Tech Connect Coaches
- Tech Connect Coaches (TCCs) are trained by CSV staff to ensure consistency in knowledge and skills in technology. At the end of the training, TCCs will become certified to train others.
- Distribution of iPads
- Training will be deployed to support and teach skills to navigate devices.
- Train volunteers on various platforms
- Training will be deployed to support and teach skills to navigate platforms and the limitations of the device used to experience the platform.
For information on how to get involved and dates for upcoming training events, contact Melissa Hernandez at Melissa.Hernandez@Nau.edu.
Service Enterprise Initiative Accordion Closed
As a certified Service Enterprise Trainer and Hub Partner, the Center for Service and Volunteerism leads training sessions around Northern Arizona for organizations working towards becoming Service Enterprise Certified. The Service Enterprise Initiative led by the Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family allows organizations the opportunity to learn how to more effectively use volunteers to accomplish their mission and address the needs of the community around them.
Read more about the Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family’s Service Enterprise Initiative, the Points of Light organization behind it all, and contact us if your organization would like to participate!