President’s Diversity Awards
The Center for Inclusive Excellence and Access recognizes the outstanding work of this year’s Diversity Awards recipients. Every year, each of the commissions recognizes outstanding service to the NAU community that furthers the mission of the respective commission. Awardees are faculty, staff, students, and programs.
The CDAD Leadership Award honors faculty, staff, students, departments, organizations or community members who have made outstanding contributions to the disability community at NAU.
- Student Award: Sarah Kline (undergraduate student majoring in Biology and Psychology, minoring in Chemistry; SI leader/research lab manager, Academic Success Centers)
- Student Award: Ariana Jaramillo (undergraduate student majoring in Computer science; student technology aid, NAU Online & Innovative Educational Initiatives)
- Staff Award: Jane Muller (assistant manager, Graphic Design)
- Faculty Award: Dr. R. Dawn Hawley and Matt D. Anderson (professor, Geography, Planning, and Recreation; and lecturer, Department of Psychological Sciences, respectively)
The President’s Award for Ethnic Diversity honors faculty, staff, students, departments, or organizations who have made outstanding contributions to the enhancement of ethnic diversity at NAU.
- Staff Award: Team Vidal Mendoza and Nancy Navarro (assistant director, Student Life Experience; and assistant director, Enrollment Management, respectively)
- Faculty Award: Dr. Tracye A. Moore (chair/associate clinical professor, Dental Hygiene)
- Student/Student Group Award: Latine Student Union (LSU)
The CSW Outstanding Achievement and Contribution Award honors Northern Arizona University faculty, staff or students and organizations or community members who have made outstanding contributions to women’s leadership development and towards advancing the status of women at Northern Arizona University.
- Faculty Award: Dr. Dilofarid Miskinzod (lecturer, Department of Women’s and Gender Studies)
- Staff Award: Lauren Copeland-Glenn (EO & Affirmative Action analyst, senior – SPF, Equity and Access Office)
- Student Award: Sydney Felsen (undergraduate student majoring in Biomedical Sciences, with a minor in Chemistry; president of Period at Flagstaff)
- Community/Project/Organization Award: Period at Flagstaff (representatives: Sydney Felsen and Brynne Shroufe)
The Distinguished Service to the LGBTQIA Community Award is given to those who have demonstrated distinguished service to the LGBTQIA community. The Ally of the Year award is given to someone who has served as an outstanding ally to the NAU LGBTQIA community.
- Faculty Award: Dr. Gregory Shrader (associate clinical professor, College of Education, Department of Educational Psychology)
- Staff Award: Chelsea Green (executive assistant, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences)
- Student Award: Meredith Dennis (undergraduate in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry)
- Ally of the Year Award: Revel Lucien (Flagstaff community member)
The Cal Seciwa Award honors faculty, staff, students, departments, organizations or community members who have demonstrated distinguished service to the Native American community.
- Staff Award: Steven Toya (photographer – senior, Marketing Department)
- Faculty Award: Dr. Jani C. Ingram (regent’s professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry)
- Alumni Award: Dr. Jennifer Nez Denetdale (professor of American Studies, University of New Mexico)
- Student Award: Autumn Cody (undergraduate student majoring in Psychological Sciences, minoring in Queer Studies; NACC Indige-Jack, Native American Initiatives)