Commission MeetingsThere are no upcoming meetings for Fall 2022. Watch this space for details of Spring 2023 meetings soon. Access meeting agendas and minutes here. Meetings are typically held the first Monday of each month, from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m., unless otherwise indicated.
Spring 2023 Meeting Schedule
- Monday, January 23rd, 2023, from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 6th, 2023, from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 6th, 2023, from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, April 3rd, 2023, from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m.
We are pleased to announce that nomination for the 2023 President’s Award for Ethnic Diversity has been opened.
Commission on Ethnic Diversity
The Commission on Ethnic Diversity (CED) offers an opportunity for dialogue, shared experiences, and advocating change for people of color and allies committed to anti-racist, non-discriminatory, and participatory practices through collaboration with other university commissions, academic units, and the Chief Diversity Officer of Northern Arizona University (NAU). CED seeks to create environments that reflect the struggles and successes of communities of color in both the United States and in global contexts.
For students, staff, faculty, and administrators, CED strive to:
- Promote the recruitment and retention of students, staff, faculty, and administrators of color at NAU
- Advocate for equity in salary and working conditions by strategically negotiating policies and practices
- Contribute to the development of a welcoming and supportive environment for faculty, staff, and students of color at NAU
- Support the integration of academic and student affairs programming focused on racial/ethnic diversity issues
- Collaborate with other university commissions to make recommendations to NAU’s Office of the President
Members contribute to diversity awareness and campus dialogue by sharing their own experiences and cultural perspectives.
Membership is voluntary and open to the campus community, students, faculty, and staff.
Join CED today!